Gap in Teeth Treatment in Gurgaon (Midline Diastema)
Gap in the Teeth Treatment in Gurgaon : This condition of Gap in Teeth is also called Diastema. The word diastema means interval in Greek, is a gap or space between two or more consecutive teeth.
Gap in upper or lower front teeth is a concern for every patient. The diastema treatment/gap in teeth seen in children is part of NORMAL development of teeth (shedding of milk teeth and getting permanent teeth), this usually disappears naturally because the permanent teeth are bigger in size.
There can be other causes for midline diastema like
- Imperfect fusion of two upper jaw bones in middle
- Small muscle under the upper lip is enlarged or mis-aligned
- Genetically missing permanent incisor teeth
- Extra teeth in the middle
- Unusually small teeth
- Rotated teeth, or misaligned teeth
- Oral habits, such as thumb/finger sucking
- As a result if “rapid orthodontic treatment” or wrong teeth movement during the treatment
- Deep bite
- Forwardly placed upper teeth or tooth size or shape difference
- General spacing in all the teeth
- Due to Gum disease Periodontitis or Pyorrhea
Misaligned or Rotated Teeth
Diastema due to gum disease
Diastema due to Small Sized teeth
Diastema due missing incisors
Diastema Due to Spacing in Teeth
Tooth size or shape difference
Diastema Due to Abnormal Muscle
Extra teeth in Midline
Midline Diastema Treatment Options:
Gap in Teeth Treatment in Gurgaon : The treatment plan depends on the cause of the diastema. Therefore, priority should be to find out the cause before deciding to go for any treatment. Treatment of diastema varies and it requires correct diagnosis (include radiological and clinical examinations, tooth size evaluation) of its cause, and early intervention relevant to the specific cause. The treatment options available can be:
- Orthodontic Approach: It is better to align the teeth before frenectomy (surgically remove the frenum). So ortho treatment should be started first before surgical removal otherwise diastema will be even more difficult to correct. Cost starts from Rs 28000/-
- Esthetic/Cosmetic Approach: It includes treatment using tooth colored composite fillings or veneers. It starts with analysis of the diagnostic models, mockup of the corrected teeth and then finally doing the restorative. A further step is smile Analysis and smile designing done on Software and making CAD-CAM DESIGNED restorations for a perfect brand new smile. Cost Starts from Rs 1500/-
To achieve a beautiful smile and stable result, cause of midline diastema must be established before starting any gap in teeth treatment in Gurgaon. A carefully developed diagnosis allows the dentist to choose the effective orthodontic and/or restorative treatment. Diastema due to tooth-size or shape discrepancy are most responsive to restorative crowns and veneers
Before Diastema Treatment (Orthodontic)
Midline Diastema Before Treatment
Diastema Closure After Treatment (Orthodontic)
Diastema Closed After Esthetic Treatment
The most appropriate treatment often requires orthodontically closing the midline diastema. Extra teeth, abnormal muscle position or gum anomalies can be removed surgically and spaces are then closed orthodontically. Oral habits such as thumb sucking and tongue thrusting should be stopped first before closure of the gap. If the diastema is more than 1.8 mm, even after the eruption of permanent incisors, an orthodontic intervention will be necessary. In most cases if growth is already complete, restorative treatment is a quick, easy and long term option available to get a brand new smile in just few days.
Cost of Gap in Teeth Treatment in Gurgaon or Cost of Diastema Closure
As you have read above that there are multiple ways how the diastema can be closed. Depending on the size of gap or shape of the gap, teeth position, a cosmetic or an orthodontic solution may be suggested. Price for Gap in Teeth Treatment can start from as low as Rs 4500/- per tooth for composite veeners and can go upto Rs 28000/- if Orthodontic intervention is required in extreme cases. Book your appointment today for a free consultation of Gap in Teeth Treatment.
For Free Consultation for Midline Diastema or Gap in teeth treatment in Gurgaon visit Center for Dental Implants & Esthetics Gurgaon, today or call +91 9871631066 or Book Online.