3 Best Options to Replace Missing Teeth
What are your options to replace a missing tooth. If you have lost a tooth early due to cavity or gum problem or injury, you must replace the missing tooth. (Read : Why you must replace a missing tooth)
Missing Teeth Option 1 – Removable Partial Dentures
They are the least costly, non fixed dentures which sit on the gums , takes support from the adjacent teeth and are to be taken out at least twice in a day for cleaning. Initially patient may find these little bulky and may have some challenges in speaking and chewing. Gradually they get adjusted with it.
They may need replaced
Missing Teeth Option 2 – Fixed Partial Dentures or Dental Bridge
Fixed dentures can’t be taken out at will by the patient. Takes support from the adjacent teeth by shaping at least 1- 2 mm all around and then fixing the dentures or bridge with cement. Average life span for changing bridgework is 5-7 years. This is the least preferred option to replace a missing teeth. (Read Why Dental Bridge are not the best)
Option 3 – Dental Implants
One of the best option to replace missing teeth is dental implant in which a titanium or zirconia screw is placed in the bone, when it integrates a dental crown is placed after 3-5 months of healing. Best part of this type of treatment is doesn’t involve shaping of adjacent healthy teeth for support. Takes support from bone itself in fact it also prevents it from getting lost over time. Implant is for lifetime once fused into the bone completely will not require multiple re- placement into bone if hygiene maintenance is good.
- Implant anchors the bone with its threads and stops it from getting lost with time.
- No change and distortion in the shape of face due to loss of teeth or bone
- Can be done immediately after removal of damaged or decayed tooth.
- Closely resemble natural tooth root and simulate emergence of artificial crown from implant as if natural tooth is coming out of root.
- Feels like natural teeth to use , smile, look and bite.
- Easier to clean than a clumsy 3 unit bridge which is joined together on top.
- Lifespan: implants come with lifetime warranty. Thus low long term cost
To find out which solution can be best for you.Visit Center for Dental Implants & Esthetics or Call +91 9871631066 or