Endodontist vs. General Dentist – Who Should do your root canal treatment?
Endodontist or Dentist – Which makes the right choice?
When it comes to having root canal treatment, the field of dentistry offers two options. Either your regular dentist can perform your work, or else a specialist. The formal term for a root canal specialist is “endodontist.”
The main difference between the two lies in the level of expertise they have to offer. If you do not have access to an Endodontist an experienced dentist is also good. It also depends on complexity of tooth condition and location of the teeth that can determine who should do your root canal treatment.
Advantages endodontists offer.
Having a specialist perform your work has some basic advantages associated with it. They typically include:
- Greater expertise and clinical skill – An endodontist has: 1) All of the same schooling as your regular dentist. 2) Plus additional years in India 03 years of additional training at a post graduate level that’s entirely focused on just performing endodontic therapy. 3) And then however many years of being in practice where they only provide this type of work.
That generally means that an endodontist has a lot of knowledge about, and is quite expert in doing, that which they do.
- More advanced equipment – The kinds of equipment that an endodontist utilizes in their practice typically lies at a full level above that of a general dentist. As examples, most use a surgical microscope and endo motor or rotor, even 3D x-ray imaging, if the case demands.
- A higher level of diagnostic skills – Along with greater expertise and the use of more sophisticated equipment generally comes a greater ability to diagnose difficult cases.
- Shorter/fewer appointments – Since as a specialist they only perform endodontic procedures, you can anticipate that an endodontist will be quite adept in providing treatment. And that should translate in to shorter and/or fewer appointments with a procedure called Single Appointment RCT
- Higher treatment success rates. – Research studies suggest that work completed by endodontists, especially for certain kinds of teeth, tends to have a higher success rate.
- More expert pain management. – It’s only logical to assume that a practitioner who’s “seen it all before” will be more likely to be able to anticipate and manage their patient’s pain-related problems.
All our Centers have excess to qualified and experienced Endodontist with required equipments. Connect today for your Root Canal Treatment in Gurgaon.